Funny Moments
There have been the goodAs well as the bad
Try to forget all the sad
As there were also the funny
Those moments that hurt your tummy
They override the rest
For me they were always the best
Loved all the laughter
Even if it arose from a disaster
Remember the rice?
And all those mice?
How about that time in Jacksons?
All these moments were for real
And the price was a true steal
A friendship that is the real deal
And what we have to take from that
You summarised better than I ever could
So I'll always remember what you said to me
We've had our sad moments
But you prefer the funny
They were always far funnier than the sad
And for me they make up
Some of the best moments I've ever had

8 Comments:
Hi. Jeremy. You stopped by my site a while ago and asked me to stop by yours. Sorry it has taken a little while. But here goes.
I like this piece very much. It has an intelligent, whimsical quality about it. Kids and adults can both enjoy this piece.
Your variations between couplets and other rhyme forms is also interesting on the tongue.
I especially like the line: "love all the laughter even if it arose from a disaster." That says it all about this piece.
Oh my word....you've written a poem for me about the funny times and the sad, who would have believed that my drunken ramblings could have spawned something so ...well..beautiful x x Claire x
such a sweet and smooth expression .i liked it..:)
Great to see you have highlighted a very simple things in life that we do not think of it so much..those funny moments in life and as you said they are the one which linger in our mind the most..
Did you visit my website lately..there something you will like (I hope)
www.livinginpoetry.blogspot.com
and also pls see my blog
www.iamnasra.blogspot.com
it all about you this week..Sorry its been posted late...
Hi Jeremy
Hope all is well
Whats new over here
quite good arnt we mr
you have been away for awhile as I can see
when willl we hear your new poems
Hi Jeremy
Im glad you stoped by at my blog..
Its good to hear your news ...Dont worry about not writing to me..Life get so hectic..
I was also bussy, maybe you have read about my charity poetry exhibition it kept quite bussy.
I did not get the copy I wonder why...
MY address
Nasra Al Adawi
PO BOX 2291
PC 111 Seeb Airport
Oman
Post a Comment
<< Home