Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bombs

For the first time in my life
My body stopped due to shock
When I heard about the bombs
My heart didn't want to tick tock
All I could really think about
Was all of my close friends
Who I could have lost
All the things I'd never said
To those who make me happy
Luckily for us we have another day
To say those things we need to say
But it could all too easily
Have gone the other way

5 Comments:

At 3:42 pm, Blogger iamnasra said...

We human tend to harm each othr no other creature does that ...Thank you for sharing this poem with us

 
At 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. Expressive. True.

Love the tick tock line.

GREAT!

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Hang in there. British Steel.

 
At 1:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As true today as last year. You are beautiful.

GREAT!

 
At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart didn't want to tick tock?!

Your poetry makes me hurt - its terrible to the extreme. Please stop advertising yourself as a poet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home